Document Management Solutions for the Public Sector
Secure cloud-based solutions. Adherence to strict security and privacy best practices for document imaging.
Are you a government run department looking for an improved document management approach?
Octacom is a registered supplier with the federal and provincial government. We specialize in document management and imaging solutions for scanning, data capture and indexing. Our services and solutions include digital mailroom with open mail for both postal and electronic mail formats. Octacom’s document scanning capabilities include standard business documents up to large format drawings and historical books.
The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has been a client for over 10 years. Managing their client and project files, they no longer are required to search through filing cabinets or recall documents from off-site storage. Digitizing their files reduced the amount of paper on-site and provided immediate accessibility from their document management systems.
What Are Your Biggest Challenges?
1. Storage Space: Traditional filing systems are a current method of storage. Filing cabinets are taking up too much space and locating historical information takes too long.
2. Visibility: Tracking information is very difficult; there is little visibility within your systems and documents.
3. Efficiency: Documents are misplaced, lost and are deteriorating over time. Files are passed through many hands thus making processes and approvals time consuming.
4. Access: Inability for multiple people in multiple departments to look at the same files. Access is not efficient and it is time consuming to get our internal teams the information they need.
Compliance: Our Privacy and Security Standards
Octacom adheres to high security standards while working with our clients’ documents. Octacom is registered with Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program (CGRP) and maintains a valid Controlled Goods Certificate enabling the examination, processing and transferring of Controlled Goods in accordance with the Defence Production Act. Documented and enforced policies are in place whether we are performing services on-site at our clients’ premises or off-site in one of our two production facilities.
Immediate Benefits for Imaging Public Sector Documents
- Receive guaranteed pricing
- Improve access to vital documents
- Get fast turnaround times for critical document types
- Eliminate paper storage requirement
- Secure storage of records electronically
- Permanent record for backup and disaster recovery
Flexibility: On-site Conversion Centre Set Up at York Regional Police Headquarters
Due to the confidentiality of the 6,000 employee files, containing both uniformed personnel and civilian files the Octacom team moved into the police offices for a two-month project. Files were converted into secure digital images; indexed and uploaded into their new electronic Human Resource Management System. Read the York Regional Police case study to learn more.
Deliver Results: Higher Automation of Repetitive Tasks. Cost Savings and More… for Ontario Power Generation
Octacom provides all of the front-end services for OPG’s invoices – approximately 110.000 annually – and manages the P.O. Box service for invoices sent through the mail, in addition to fax and email. Learn more by reading the AP Automation Case Study.
Competitive Advantage with Octacom’s Solutions for Managing Public Sector Documents
Document management is an amazing tool when executed properly by a company who understands your needs and has extensive knowledge within the industry. Whether your require a human resources solution, case management or project files, there are many options available.
Our experienced staff and two secure production facilities will ensure that your project is completed on time and on budget. As a single source provider for your project, we will manage all of your requirements from the initial project scoping and implementation through to delivery and post project follow up.
Our commitment to you:
- Professional project management
- Secure transportation of files
- 24/7/365 file retrieval service
- Dedicated customer service representative
- Best of breed document scanning and data capture technology
- 100% Quality Assurance at each stage of production
- Short term document storage and shredding service
- Excellent post project follow up
Ready to explore your options for operational efficiencies? Contact the Octacom team.