Document Management Solutions for the Concrete Industry
Struggling with managing and retrieving your delivery tickets? Octacom can help.
Octacom’s Electronic Document Management Solutions for the Concrete Industry leverages our secure document processing, intelligent data capture processes, and software to bring your delivery tickets to your fingertips from any device.
With Octacom’s Portal, you can efficiently upload, access, search and generate analytics on delivery tickets that are present and those that are missing.
Arrival, Scanning and Extraction
- Handles all document formats including paper, email, web/ mobile direct upload; you can even provide your carriers with access to upload Delivery Tickets directly to Octacom’s Portal
- Captures Delivery Ticket data, providing for easy search and retrieval
- Integrate Octacom’s Portal with your ERP or order management system to have access to the full documented delivery and receipt confirmations at your fingertips
- Include Delivery Ticket images or links to images with your invoices as they are distributed by accounts receivable
- Secure cloud archive stores Delivery Tickets, process information and audit logs
- Store and retrieve data and images with ease
- Fulfills audit and compliance requirements
Analytics and Reporting
- Track missing Delivery Tickets by plant, pit, branch, carrier, etc.
- Time-series based reporting on Delivery Ticket volumes
- Automate missing Delivery Ticket notifications to carriers
Solving your delivery ticket management challenges
Octacom’s service and document management system are catered to the concrete and aggregates industry, working with industry titans, including VCNA and Lafarge, in streamlining their ticket management process.
Sheer volume and a very manual process created an environment where tickets were difficult to manage. Lafarge Aggregates creates over a million delivery tickets per year.
The nature of their business requires drivers to obtain a signature with each delivery of product which then becomes the basis for their customer billings.
Head Office has the difficult task of ensuring all signed delivery tickets are received and easily accessible should they be required for proof of delivery purposes.
Timely retrieval of signed ticket copies and visibility into the whereabouts of lost or misplaced tickets was becoming more and more challenging for Lafarge creating additional labour for head office and unnecessary loss of revenue.
With trucks on the road across North America, some VCNA-owned and some third party, VCNA had challenges tracking down Delivery Tickets from production units and drivers, including bills of lading and waybills. Further, VCNA had little to no visibility to which Delivery Tickets had been received and where they were physically being stored.
Since these physical documents serve as signed proof of delivery, they are key elements in securing payment for outstanding receivables. Additionally, these tickets were required for internal and client auditing purposes. Finding the signed copies was an extremely labour intensive process given the high volumes of paperwork generated at each VCNA location.
- With thousands of transactions each day, drivers and production units were storing mass amounts of physical delivery tickets in a decentralized manner.
- Delivery tickets were going missing regularly and it was costly to track down missing paperwork.
- Since delivery tickets are required to claim payment from a number of customers, missing the documents was leading to lost revenue and high write-offs.
Partnering with Octacom, your firm will benefit from the experience we’ve developed over 40 years of helping Canadian enterprises, governments, healthcare institutions and other concrete and aggregates firms across Canada.
Our solutions plus the economies of skill and scale created by our high-volume service bureau environment will allow you to meet your objectives with a cost-effective solution, without capital investment and while satisfying the corporate, privacy and regulatory standards associated with records scanning processes.
To learn more about our company and the services we provide, please contact us today.